Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Rolls
Buffalo chicken lasagna rolls are a fun twist on a classic dish. All of the buffalo flavor you’re looking for, wrapped up inside of a single sheet of pasta for a perfectly portioned meal.
This weekend marks the unofficial end to Summer, because it really doesn’t end for several more weeks but clearly the change over in months and weather is what people really care about. Weird. But heeeey that means several more weeks of Fall to enjoy so I shouldn’t complain because I adore Fall. You probably already knew that but if you didn’t, you’re in for a big surprise. Like HUGE. I know a lot of you will be busy getting one last beach day in or hanging out at a BBQ with friends and family, but be sure to stop back in here on Monday for some big news. I’m talking big recipe news. Delicious and incredible. You want to know this if you love Fall.
Something big is happening.
But what I want to know right now is… have you been watching MasterChef? I had a serious omg moment the other night. It was a two hour special and they totally well… I guess I shouldn’t say just in case you haven’t watched but if you’ve watched, then I bet you know that moment I’m talking about…half way through the two hour special. I won’t give any spoilers but jeez. That wouldn’t have been cool. I might’ve stopped watching after that. Then again maybe not. I’m glad it all worked out in the end. Now we wait. I’d say two out of the four don’t truly belong there. I have a personal favorite, do you?
So it’s been a while since I’ve shared a buffalo recipe. Somewhere around 4 months and that feels like a long time. I guess Summer got in the way and buffalo wasn’t on my mind at all. But now comfort food is back in action. Seasoned shredded buffalo chicken combined with blue cheese and ricotta to create the ultimate lasagna filling. These are wrapped up into a perfect bundle, topped off with shredded cheese and baked until bubbly. It’s a buffalo and pasta lovers dream. Not only will you love the flavor, but you’ll love the ease of making and serving this dish. No major layering or slicing. Roll, bake and plate.
Yield: 8 lasagna rolls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Rolls
Buffalo chicken lasagna rolls are a fun twist on a classic dish. All of the buffalo flavor you're looking for, wrapped up inside of a single sheet of pasta for a perfectly portioned meal.
- 1/2lb shredded chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2C onion, chopped
- 1/2C celery, chopped
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2C buffalo wing sauce
- 8oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2Tbsp blue cheese dressing
- 1/4C blue cheese crumbles, plus more for topping
- 1C mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 lasagna noodles
- Cook chicken using desired method, shred and set aside. This may be done ahead.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. When oil is warm add onion and celery. Cook, tossing occasionally, until celery is tender and onions are nearly translucent. Add shredded chicken, salt, pepper, basil and celery seed. Toss to combine. Add buffalo wing sauce. Toss to coat all ingredients well. Continue cooking until chicken is heated through. Transfer chicken mixture to a clean bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F and cook at least 8 lasagna noodles (more if desired, just in case) in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Prepare ricotta filling. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles.
- Set aside a large rectangular baking dish.
- Lay one lasagna noodle flat on a work surface. Spread a layer of ricotta mixture down, leaving 1-inch of space at the far end. Top off with chicken mixture and slowly roll. Place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles and ingredients.
- Lightly drizzle additional buffalo sauce over the top of each lasagna roll. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and additional blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately.
Baked by Rachel original
Love buffalo recipes? Be sure to check these out too:
Buffalo chicken nachos
Slow cooker buffalo chicken chowder
Slow cooker buffalo chicken chili
Buffalo chicken deviled eggs
Buffalo chicken stuffed shells
Buffalo chicken dip
Blue cheese stuffed buffalo chicken meatballs
Buffalo chicken meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting