Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza
A classic chicken Caesar salad turned into an incredible and flavorful grilled pizza.
I could seriously live off of pizza. There are so many varieties, I would never get bored. I’m basically craving pizza ninety percent of the time. Probably less actually, because I don’t recall ever dreaming about pizza. But, in my waking hours, pizza is on the brain a lot.
There are the classics, of course. Cheese or pepperoni. Thin, thick and or deep dish. I personally am a huge fan of thin crust. Maybe it’s my east coast roots, or not. Who knows! And of course so many fun varities. I’ve shared over 35 pizza recipes on Baked by Rachel. That’s a lot of pizza to go around.
But I hadn’t tackled homemade grilled pizza yet. Confession, I tried it once and was super impatient and screwed it up because… I kept peeking, among other reasons. I’d planned on making this very pizza since last summer, but it clearly never happened.
It was completely worth the wait.
So incredibly good.
This pizza has it all. It combines two of my favorite dishes into one amazing pizza. Pizza + chicken Caesar salad. It’s the best.
Homemade seasoned pizza dough topped off with garlic oil, whole milk mozzarella, fresh romaine, salty bacon, seasoned chicken and the ever important creamy Caesar dressing. It’s out of this world amazing.
And now… I’m craving a slice all over again. So basically, this pizza is happening again asap at my house. I hope you’ll add it to your dinner plans too! I promise you ‘ll love it!
Yield: 1: 10-12 inch pizza
Prep Time: 15-30 minutes, active
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza
A classic Caesar salad turned into an incredible and flavorful grilled pizza.
- 1/2C water
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/4C all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1C whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- 1 chicken breast
- 3C romaine lettuce, sliced thin
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Caesar dressing
- Heat water to 115°F. Dissolve yeast and sugar in water, allowing to proof for at least 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt and garlic powder to a large bowl or stand mixer, using the dough hook attachment. With mixer running on low, slowly add yeast mixture. Continue mixing until dough just begins to pull together. Drizzle in olive oil and continue mixing. Shape into a smooth ball and transfer to a lightly greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size, roughly 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook and chop bacon. Cook chicken breast, shredding and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Prepare cheese and romaine, setting aside until ready to proceed.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red pepper flakes and minced garlic. Microwave for 20-30 seconds or until warm and fragrant.
- Toss romaine in Caesar dressing. Mix in half of the bacon and chicken.
- Preheat gas grill with all burners on high for 10 minutes. Pizza will be grilled over direct medium heat. Reduce additional burners to low.
- On a lightly greased baking sheet or cutting board, shape dough to desired size. Lightly grease one side of the dough. Carefully, transfer dough to preheated grill. Do not adjust dough once it is on the grill. Close grill and cook 3-4 minutes. Remove dough, flipping uncooked side down onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Generously spread garlic oil over entire surface of cooked dough. Sprinkle with half of the chicken and bacon, followed by shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Return pizza to grill, closing the lid and cooking for an additional 3-6 minutes or until desired crispness is reached.
- Top off with coated romaine lettuce, chicken and bacon. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and ground black pepper, if desired.
- Slice and enjoy!
Baked by Rachel original