Moist and fluffy homemade lemon muffins with a crunchy streusel topping and sweet lemon glaze. A perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch.
We’ve been on a seriously bizarre roller coaster ride with the weather. Huge highs and lows all Winter and clearly that’s rolling right into Spring. It was 73 and sunny just a few days ago and yesterday it dropped back down into the low 30s and snowed! We were supposed to get intense winds, but thankfully they weren’t anywhere near as bad as they had predicted. Though to be honest, I was kind of hoping for the crazy winds. It’s fun to watch and listen to, so long as the power stays on. It would’ve been a nice excuse to have one more fire before the warm weather (hopefully) sticks around for a while.
I’ve always loved storms. Listening to the rain and wind, especially in the Summer with the windows open. It’s so relaxing. And yes, I’m totally one of those people that could easily sleep with a sound machine set to rain. In fact, I’d probably enjoy that more than any other white noise.
As much as I enjoyed Jessica Jones, I’m really annoyed by the short Netflix seasons. They upload them all at once, which is great for binge watching, but then it’s over SO fast. Now I have a long wait before a new season is available. Have you been watching any great shows lately? I’m in need of a new show to watch while working out. Recommendations welcome!
I hope you’re not sick of lemon recipes yet because I’ve been on a serious lemon kick lately and this is another one that you absolutely have to make.
Super soft and fluffy, moist homemade lemon muffins with a crunchy streusel topping and sweet lemon glaze. They just scream Spring!
A perfect way to start any Spring morning!
Don’t forget…Mother’s Day is just around the corner and these should definitely be on your special breakfast or brunch menu! A fun and easy recipe for the kids to help whip up for Mom!
Lemon Crumb Muffins with Lemon Glaze
- 1/4 C unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 C all purpose flour
- 2 Tb granulated sugar
- 2 Tb light brown sugar
- 1/4 C unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tb lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 6 Tb powdered sugar
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 7 paper liners.
- Prepare crumb topping: In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In a separate medium bowl, melt butter. Slowly add dry ingredients to melted butter. Use a fork to blend together until only small pieces remain. Transfer crumb topping to a small rimmed baking sheet or large plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, mixing until fully combined, followed by vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Continue mixing. Scrape bowl as needed. Add salt, baking powder and flour, mixing until fully combined. Finally, add sour cream, mixing until no streaks remain. Use a large cookie scoop to divide batter between prepared baking cups.
- Generously coat each portion of batter with prepared crumb topping.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes or until easy to handle. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When muffins are cool, prepare glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Use a small spoon or whisk to drizzle glaze over cooled muffins.
- Store in an airtight container for up to several days.
Items used in this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.