Slow Cooker Cheesy Beef Nacho Chili
Hearty slow cooker cheesy beef and bean nacho chili! An easy and flavorful meal, perfect for game day or any night of the week!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs 30 mins
Total Time4 hrs 45 mins
Servings: 10 plus
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef cooked and drained of fat
- 1 C yellow onion chopped
- 1 C green bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2: 15oz cans black beans drained and rinsed well
- 15 oz red beans drained and rinsed well
- 15 oz petite diced tomatoes drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 Tb chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 C chicken or beef broth
- 1 C heavy cream
- 2 Tb cornstarch
- 8 oz cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- Green onions optional for topping
- Additional cheese optional for topping
Prepare vegetables and beans as directed. Add vegetables, beans, spices and broth to the bowl of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Turn on high and begin cooking for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours. Meanwhile, cook and drain ground beef of fat. Carefully add to the slow cooker. Gently stir and return lid.
When the intial cook time is up, whisk together cornstarch and heavy cream. Slowly add to slow cooker. Stir to combine. Freshly grate 8 ounces of cheddar cheese. Add to slow cooker. Stir gently to combine. Return lid and continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes or until desired thickness is reached.
Serve warm with additional shredded cheese and green onions.