Slow Cooker Beef and White Bean Stew
An easy and flavorful slow cooker meal for any night of the week featuring tender beef, root vegetables and white beans.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time4 hrs 30 mins
Total Time5 hrs
Servings: 6 plus
- 1 1/5 lb beef stew meat trimmed and cubed to 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 C yellow onions chopped
- 1/2 C carrots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 30 oz Northern white beans drained and rinsed
- 30 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C beef broth
- 5 oz baby spinach roughly 6-7 cups
Add all ingredients, minus spinach, to the bowl of a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours. When 4 hours has passed, stir in spinach. Cover and cook for an additional 15-30 minutes.
Divide among bowls and enjoy.