Slow Cooker Sausage and Poblano Chili
An easy slow cooker chili that is packed with flavor and a variety of textures.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 30 mins
- 3/4 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 C yellow onion chopped
- 2 poblano chiles seeds removed and chopped
- 1/2 C yellow bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 7 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed well
- 15 oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 30 oz petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 C chicken stock
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, minus sausage.
If using sausage links, remove casings. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Break apart meat into bite size pieces, cooking until lightly browned. Add to slow cooker.
Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Serve warm with optional corn chips, sour cream or cheese.