Slow Cooker Nacho Soup
Flavor packed slow cooker cheesy beef nacho soup! Enjoy the taste of nachos in a comforting soup, perfect for any night of the week!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs 30 mins
Total Time4 hrs 45 mins
Servings: 8 plus
- 1 lb ground beef cooked and drained of fat
- 1 C yellow onion chopped
- 1 C green bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and diced
- 15 oz corn drained
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed well
- 15 oz petite diced tomatotes drained
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 C chicken or beef broth
- 8 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 C heavy cream
- 3-4 Tb all purpose flour*
- Green onions chopped for topping
To the bowl of a 5-6 quart slow cooker, add cooked beef, vegetables, beans, seasonings and broth. Stir gently to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
When 4 hours is up, stir in shredded cheese. Whisk together flour and heavy cream until smooth. Pour into slow cooker, stir to combine. Cover and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
Serve warm with chopped green onions and tortilla chips.
Recipe serves roughly 8-12.
*Ground chicken or turkey may be substituted for beef.
*Gluten free option: 1 1/2 - 2Tb cornstarch may be substituted for flour.
An original recipe from Baked by Rachel