Slow Cooker Pumpkin Beer Chili
A hearty Fall chili, loaded with pumpkin, spices and a hint of beer.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 6 plus
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 C yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 C green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 7 oz whole kernel corn drained
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed well
- 15 oz kidney beans drained and rinsed well
- 15 oz petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- Pinch cloves
- 8 oz pumpkin beer
Cook and crumble beef in a large skillet, seasoning with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Drain of any excess fat.
Transfer beef and all remaining ingredients to the bowl of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Stir gently to combine. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8.