Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
Easy homemade cinnamon rolls with a rich chocolate-hazelnut filling and vanilla glaze.
There’s just something about warm fluffy cinnamon rolls, straight out of the oven. None of those purchased stale rolls. Nope, they’ve gotta be fresh and warm. I grew up with store bought and canned, but truly nothing beats homemade. The effort put into making them is so worth it.
Bonus when they have an amazing filling.
Take these rolls for example. Hershey’s chocolate and hazelnut spread and cinnamon, slathered in a thick coating before being rolled up, sliced and baked to perfection.
It’s fun to watch them in the oven. Bakers have Christmas like excitement when a recipe is turning out as you’d hope. Big and fluffy. Just perfect.
But even more so, I love watching the icing melt into hot rolls, oozing into all of the cracks. Icing is, well… icing on the cake but in this case icing on the roll. Without it, they’re good. With it, they’re amazing.
Add an extra drizzle or spread of chocolate on top for something extra special. It’s a must make breakfast.
These rolls will wow you. You may never want a different kind of cinnamon roll filling again.
I’m honestly not sure much can beat chocolate. It just plain wins.
And chocolate for breakfast?! Come on.
But to make these rolls, you need your own supply of Hershey’s spreads.
How would you like to win your own package full of chocolate spreads and dipping goodies? You may have a hard time resisting the urge to eat and dip straight from the jar. So be sure to make these rolls before it’s all gone!
**Giveaway is now closed**
Courtesy of Hershey’s, one Baked by Rachel reader will win a Hershey’s Spreads package, including one of each of the spread flavors. Giveaway will run from January 20, 2014 – January 24, 2014. Winner must be a US resident and at least 18 years. Winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. Main entry must be completed or bonus entries will not count. A separate comment must be left for each entry.
Be sure to check out Hershey’s Spreads for even more recipe ideas.
Yield: 9-10 rolls
Prep Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
Easy homemade cinnamon rolls with a rich chocolate filling and vanilla glaze.
- 1/2C milk, heated to 115°F
- 1 1/8 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp and 2 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 2C and 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2C Hershey's chocolate spread (chocolate, hazelnut or almond)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2C Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp water or milk
- In a glass measuring cup, combine warm milk, yeast and 1/2 tsp sugar. Allow yeast to proof for 5-10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook attachment, add flour, remaining sugar, salt, egg and butter. With mixer on low, slowly add yeast mixture. Increase speed as needed, mixing until dough pulls together. Transfer to a lightly greased large bowl. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size, roughly 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and chocolate spread.
- On a lightly floured surface or silicone counter mat, roll out dough to a 10x16-inch rectangle. Spread chocolate mixture over entire surface. Tightly roll up dough, starting at one of the shorter ends. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a 10-inch baking dish. Allow rolls to rise for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat together glaze ingredients until the desired spreadable consistency is reached. Spread or pour glaze over warm rolls. Enjoy immediately. Store remaining rolls in an airtight container.
Baked by Rachel original
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I was compensated for my time. As always, all opinions are my own.