Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
An easy recipe for cornbread and sausage stuffing, featuring a variety of textures and flavors, from sweet to savory and everything in between. It’s a must make stuffing for cornbread fans.
Let’s do another movie and show recap, k? I hear a lot of you enjoy them! Only two weeks… count them… TWO, until Catching Fire is in theaters! I’m super ridiculously excited. Are you going to see it in theaters or waiting for DVD? I used to be the wait for it on DVD kind of person but some movies I just really can’t manage to wait because I’m so excited for it. This happens to be one of them. I’m also thinking there’s a chance I might see the next Thor movie in theaters. It looks good!
So, we just watched White House Down the other night. And while I definitely enjoyed Olympus Has Fallen way more, I still really liked this one. They were similar but different. I guess if you don’t have high expectations for the movie, you might like it but if you’re one to over critique movies then maybe not so much.
Also, kind of like how I became totally obsessed with watching Friday Night Lights … I’m now that way with Alias. At least with this series you don’t become obsessed with the characters, more just the show and plot. I wish I could just do a full on Alias marathon but there aren’t enough hours in the day for that. I’d never get anything done!
Have you ever done marathon sessions for shows? Which ones?
I’m totally one of those people that loves basic stuffing. I look forward to the stuffing. Don’t mess with my stuffing, k? But I promise, if you love cornbread (and of course sausage), this stuffing is for you! It’s got a little bit of everything – cornbread, sausage, spices and veggies… and sweet cranberries. They pair perfectly together. Not only will this dish bring fun flavors to your Thanksgiving table, it brings color with it!
If you bake up a batch of cornbread muffins, you’ll already have cornbread ready to go for this stuffing! Nothing beats a truly homemade Thanksgiving, especially when it’s easy (and definitely flavorful). Have fun this Thanksgiving and try something new, like this cornbread and sausage stuffing!
Don’t forget, today is the last day to enter to win a Butterball gift check!
Yield: Serves 6-8
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
This easy homemade stuffing is sweet, savory and packed with flavors. A must make dish for Thanksgiving.
- 5-6C cornbread (or 9 muffins)
- 1/2lb Italian sausage
- 1C celery, chopped
- 3/4C yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2C dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1C chicken or vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break up cornbread into chunks. Create a single layer of cornbread on a large baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until nearly crisp.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, breaking up into small pieces while cooking. Transfer sausage to a large bowl.
- In same medium skillet, cook onion and celery with seasonings until vegetables are tender and nearly translucent. Combine with sausage. Add dried cranberries and cornbread, toss to disperse ingredients. Pour broth over mixture, toss again to combine well.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and top is crisp. Serve immediately.
Baked by Rachel original