Italian Chicken Kabobs
Flavorful grilled chicken kabobs with easy homemade Italian marinade.
I just got back from an amazing weekend with friends in Chicago. I’d only ever been to the area once before but never for anything touristy so, this was extra fun being there with some of my best girlfriends. The weekend flew by way too fast, as all fun trips do! I promise to do a fun little recap soon and share what we did and my favorite eats of the trip real soon! Until then… laundry. Ugh. The worst part about going away. The unpacking and the piles of clothes to wash. Because let’s be real, even if you didn’t wear something, if it’s in with the dirty clothes, it needs to be washed too. I just have zero motivation to tackle that just yet.
Also, I swear every time I go somewhere I come back with a cold. It started as a simple scratchy throat the first day and by the time I got home Sunday afternoon, it was a full blown head cold. Having a cold is never fun, but it seems especially more annoying in the summer. I just want to curl up and not do anything… especially laundry.
What I would love to do is eat a giant plate of these Italian chicken kabobs again!
With grilling season in full swing, and the holiday just days away, I thought this would be the perfect recipe to share. It’s easy. It’s flavorful. And probably even more important… it’s a crowd pleasing dish, which means you should probably double or triple this recipe because everyone will be going back for more! My family couldn’t get enough. I’m sure yours will feel the same!
Ditch the store bought marinades and dressings. Whip up a truly delicious Italian marinade with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
Flavorful grilled chicken kabobs with an easy homemade Italian marinade. A perfect summer grilling recipe that is definitely a must make!
Italian Chicken Kabobs
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 3 Tb white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 8- inch skewers
- In a mason jar or salad shaker combine marinade ingredients. Shake to combine well. Set aside.
- Trim chicken of any fat. Cut into 1-2 inch cubes. Transfer to a large bag or storage container. Pour marinade over chicken. Seel container and chill for at least 1-2 hours, or overnight.
- Soak wood skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide chicken between 8-10 skewers. Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill over low heat for 15 minutes, turning skewers after 3-5 minutes. Cook until no longer pink and showing some external color or grill lines.
- Serve immediately.