Cheesy Garlic Pizza Bread Sticks
An easy and flavorful recipe for homemade soft cheesy garlic pizza bread sticks. They’re a great addition to any party or pizza night!
Do you ever hear someone talking about a food item and immediately have to have it? That happens to me way more than I’d like to admit. I don’t necessarily get so crazy about it that I can’t think about anything else until I have it. More like, I’d just really like it but it’s not the end of the world if I don’t.
They were talking about the Olympics on the news and the reporter mentioned how the snow had the consistency of mashed potatoes. Immediately I thought ‘mmmm mashed potatoes!’ I could really go for some. I still could. I’ll never give up potatoes.
On a totally unrelated note, have you noticed how a lot of stores are skipping straight over St Patrick’s day and moving right along to Easter? Easter is TWO months away. It’s like how they skip from Halloween and go straight to Christmas…or rather Labor day straight to Christmas, because let’s be real. Poor Thanksgiving… and St Patrick’s day. I want my green stuff! Hopefully it’s just early and they’ll make up for it but so far my Target is disappointing me, even if they did manage to get me to buy a bag of Hershey’s candy coated eggs.
So, I made these on Super Bowl Sunday and couldn’t wait any longer to share them. I’ve always been a big fan of pizza bread sticks but never made them at home. Seriously, these homemade cheesy garlic pizza bread sticks are so good, even they’d be a perfect appetizer or addition to your meal any day of the week. They basically vanished before my eyes. Granted, I was hungry, as was the rest of the family. But good food vanishes fast!
This is a spin on my favorite pizza dough, turned into amazing bread sticks, covered with cheese and flavored with garlic throughout. Don’t waste your time on pre-made pizza dough! It takes only 10 minutes of active prep time to make pull this dough together. It’s worth that small effort to have an extra tasty homemade dish.
Be sure to add this to your menu plan!
Yield: Serves 4-8
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes, plus
Cheesy Garlic Pizza Bread Sticks
Easy homemade soft cheesy bread sticks. A great addition to pizza night or any party!
- 1C water
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 1/2C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4C Parmesan cheese
- 2-3C whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat water to 115°F, dissolve yeast and sugar. Allow yeast to proof.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer add flour, salt and garlic powder. With mixer running on low, slowly add yeast mixture. Increase speed and mix until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer to a lightly greased bowl, cover and allow to rise until doubled in size, roughly 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Shape dough to desired size and shape.
- Melt butter with minced garlic. Brush butter and garlic over entire surface of dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until desired crispness is reached.
- Slice and serve immediately with optional dipping sauces.
Baked by Rachel original
More recipes to try:
Spicy chicken bites
Crispy baked ravioli
Whole wheat buffalo chicken pizza
Bacon-basil pesto and chicken pizza
Garlic bread pizza
Four cheese macaroni and cheese
Garlic and Dijon slow cooker chicken