Easy Skillet Lasagna
An easy and flavorful skillet lasagna, ready in just 30 minutes! A perfect dinner for any night of the week.
We went from a totally gorgeous, cloud free and hot Saturday to a dreary and wet Sunday. Basically, the kind of day you want to curl up and do nothing at all. Those are the best days to play board games, curl up and read a good book or watch a movie… or build a fort. Growing up, I remember doing that when I was stuck inside. I’d create my own special place under the dining room table for just me.
There’s currently have a massive fort setup in the living room, courtesy of my oldest. So much thought and creativity went into making it just the right size for all of the kids to fit. A cozy area for them to hang out together.
Sometimes I’m completely okay with a grey, rainy day… this was definitely one of those days.
Of course, I could’ve completely gone for a nice helping of this lasagna over the weekend! Unfortunately, not only did I make this weeks ago (completely torture for me now!), but I still need to get groceries so… no lasagna for me! But, you definitely need to add this to your dinner plans asap!
This is absolutely the easiest lasagna to whip up. No boiling. No baking. It’s a simple one pan dish. Another big bonus, you’ll have this ready in around 30 minutes! This is hands down the best way to make and serve lasagna. I’m too impatient to wait for lasagna to cool down anyway, so my slices are always sloppy. With this dish, it’s supposed to be that way!
This easy and flavorful skillet lasagna is a perfect dinner for any night of the week!
Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 3/4 C yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 C green bell pepper, chopped
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3-4 C pasta sauce
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tso salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 C ricotta
- 4 oz fresh whole milk mozzarella, sliced thin or shredded
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken in half
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium/high heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until soft and onions are nearly translucent. Add garlic, cooking for 30 seconds. Add ground beef and seasonings, cooking until meat is no longer pink. Drain fat as necessary with a large spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium/low. Layer broken noodles over beef and vegetables. Pour tomatoes and pasta sauce over noodles. Cover and bring to a simmer, cooking for roughly 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Stir in ricotta and top off with fresh mozzarella. Cover to melt cheese.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and basil prior to serving.
- Season additionally as desired.