Three Cheese Pan Pizza
Homemade pan pizza featuring an easy and flavorful thin crust, plus three varieties of cheese!
Have I told you how much I love pizza and thus pizza night? If not… I do. And I hope you do too because there’s tons of pizza to love around here.
From thin crust to thick, deep dish, saucy, gourmet and classic.
There’s something for everyone. I love them all almost equally. Because we’re all allowed our favorites, but usually I swear the newest is always a favorite. It’s true.
My youngest is pretty hard to please food wise somedays and since his birthday was this week, I had to come up with something for dinner I was positive he’d enjoy. Pizza. Clearly.
The kid loves pizza. Who could blame him?
Enjoying pizza and ice cream cake, I almost wished we could have birthday celebrations every night. I’m sure eventually it’d get old, but at the moment it sounded like a brilliant idea in my head.
Pizza forever. There are so many varieties and options, how could you possibly ever get bored with pizza? It seems impossible.
I switched up my standard pizza making to include a round cake pan this time, creating an ultimate homemade pan pizza. Kick the oven temp up a bit. Change up the cheese. Heaven for dinner. Seriously.
The crust is the perfect amount of crisp and chewy. As much as I adore big chewy outer crusts, this one is amazing without it. Toppings practically all the way to the edge! You won’t miss the big crust handle on this pizza at all!
And the cheese… ahh the cheese. There may be no going back after trying this combination. You’ll have to trust me and try it for yourself.
Dust off your cake pans and whip up this easy and flavorful homemade three cheese pan pizza for dinner! You’ll be glad you did.
Looking for more pizza ideas? Check out my recipe index for even more pizza recipes! There’s something for everyone!
Three Cheese Pan Pizza
- 3/4 C water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 C pizza sauce
- 1 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 C whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Thin sliced pepperoni
- Heat water to 115°F. Dissolve yeast and sugar in water, allow to proof.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attachment, combine flour and salt. With mixer running on low, slowly add yeast mixture. Increase speed, adding olive oil, mixing until dough comes together. Lightly grease your hands, shape dough into a ball, transfer to a lightly greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise a warm location until doubled in size, roughly 60-90 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Lightly grease two 9-inch round cake pans with olive oil.
- Divide dough in half, shaping to fit the bottom of each prepared pan and 1/4-inch up the sides. Allow dough to rest for several minutes if it snaps back.
- Spread 2-4 Tbsp sauce per pizza. Divide cheese between prepared dough. Lightly sprinkle with ground black pepper and additional toppings, such as pepperoni.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Slide pizza out onto a cutting board, slice and serve warm.