Apple Cider Donut Muffins
Your favorite apple cider donut, turned into a perfectly spiced and moist muffin, coated in cinnamon and sugar. Enjoy a taste of Fall!
As I type this, I’m sitting in Aruba’s airport waiting for a flight home. Yup, Aruba was the surprise trip I had planned for the Mr. But, I’ll tell you more about that in a upcoming post!
It’s going to be hard switching gears from tropical life back to regular days back at home with schedules and things that have to actually be done. It sure was nice to get away though!
Nothing like being submerged in a laid back tropical vacation and immediately thrown into Fall! Okay okay… It’s not technically Fall, we still have a few weeks left of Summer, but the weather is changing, as are the leaves and of course there’s the food!
It’s apple season!! I’ve been looking forward to this since I could no longer get my favorite apples at the store! The apple farm is open and the grocery stores have plenty of fresh local produce!
I actually made these apple cider donut muffins weeks ago. I’m a planner like that. I’ve been itching to share these babies with you!
Super flavorful apple cider donut muffins. All of the flavor you expect from your favorite cider donuts but in a fun muffin shape and a big bonus that they’re baked, no fried! That means no specialty equipment required!!
Definitely add these moist apple cider donut muffins to your Fall plans!
Yield: 10 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Apple Cider Donut Muffins
Your favorite apple cider donut, turned into a perfectly spiced and moist muffin, coated in cinnamon and sugar.
- 1 1/2C all purpose flour
- 1/2C granulated sugar
- 1/2C light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4C apple cider
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4C granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine apple cider, egg and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer combine flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. With mixer running on low, slowly incorporate wet ingredients. Mix until batter is just combined and no streaks remain. Using a large cookie scoop, divide batter between prepared muffin cavities.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Immediately turn out onto a baking sheet or cutting board.
- Melt butter in a medium bowl. Combine remaining granulated sugar and cinnamon in another medium bowl. Coat each muffin entirely in melted butter then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Transfer to a wire cooling rack, positioned over a baking sheet, to cool completely.
Baked by Rachel original
This post contains affiliate links.