Buffalo Chicken Potato Bites
Bite size loaded potato skins, stuffed with a creamy and spicy buffalo chicken filling. A perfect game day snack!
I’ve been talking a lot about Fall lately. The weather getting cooler, the leaves starting to turn and so much more. But there’s one thing I haven’t touched upon yet. Football.
If you hadn’t noticed, football season is here. And with that comes the need and desire for comforting tailgating food. Whether you’re at the game or just cheering for your favorite team from the comfort of your home, having the right food is always essential. Bad take-out can surely spoil the mood of the party. So, I’ve got you covered with a brand new, mouth watering recipe.
I’m a huge fan of playing around with PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese and Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing sauce. Like apples and caramel, cream cheese and buffalo sauce are a match made in heaven. It’s a classic combination and one I clearly love, as I’ve shared many recipes with that pairing already. But what’s one more, right? There is always room for more.
Since it’s football season, I knew easy finger food would be preferable. Who wants to sit down to the table in the middle of a game? Bite size potato bites are ideal party food! They’re stuffed to the brim with a creamy and spicy buffalo chicken mixture, topped off with a layer of cheese and garnished with pepper and green onions.
These are sure to disappear quickly, so grab some while you can! They were a big hit in my house! And I’m sure they will be in yours too!
Did you know that PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese has zero preservatives?
And, PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese also works with local dairy farmers, guaranteeing that their product goes from farm to dairy fridge in just six days! Real wholesome cream and fresh ingredients.
Serve your friends and family a dish with quality ingredients you can trust!
Yield: 1 dozen +
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
Buffalo Chicken Potato Bites
Bite size loaded potato skins, stuffed with a creamy and spicy buffalo chicken filling.
- 1lb Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 1C chicken, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp celery, diced
- 3oz PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4C Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing sauce
- 1/4C blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2C Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, coating well. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from baking sheet, allowing them to rest until cool enough to handle.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken with salt, pepper, celery and cream cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon or combine with your hands. Mix in buffalo sauce, coating mixture completely. Finally stir in blue cheese crumbles. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, carefully slice off the top of each potato. Hollow out potatoes with a melon baller or small spoon, being careful to not rip through the potatoes edge. Fill with buffalo chicken mixture and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are heated through and cheese is fully melted. Garnish with a sprinkle of ground black pepper and chopped green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Baked by Rachel original
This post is sponsored by PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. As always, all thoughts and opinions are completely my own.