Meat Lover’s Pizza
Homemade thin crust pizza, topped off with two types of cheese, bacon, ham, pepperoni and hot sausage! A must make for meat lover’s.
I’m just a tad excited. Why? Because tomorrow I’m going away. Eek! Heading away somewhere top secret with the Mr to celebrate our 10th anniversary, a few weeks early.
When we got engaged, he whisked me off for a surprise weekend. So I’m basically recreating that – only not entirely, because I’ll say it’s definitely not the same location we got engaged. I haven’t told him anything but what to pack and what the weather will be like. He’ll find out tomorrow. And it’s possible he knows already, but it’s possible he doesn’t too. Either way, he hasn’t said for sure.
And until then, you have pizza to tide you over!
I couldn’t skip pizza Friday even if I wasn’t around to celebrate it. This is definitely not for vegetarians. This homemade thin crust pizza is loaded with four delicious varieties of meat… crispy bacon, thin sliced ham, spicy pepperoni and hot sausage! If you’re a fan of salty and spicy meat, then this loaded meat lover’s pizza is for you!
Ditch the take-out and make this tasty pizza at home!
Need more pizza ideas? Look HERE for 27 other pizza and dough recipes!
Yield: 1: 10-inch pizza
Prep Time: 20 mintes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
Meat Lover's Pizza
Homemade thin crust pizza, topped off with two types of cheese, bacon, ham, pepperoni and hot sausage! A must make for meat lover's.
- 1/2C water
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/4C all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, if needed
- 1/3-1/2C Pizza sauce
- 1 1/2C mozzarella
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2C ham, roughly chopped
- 1/2C hot sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4C pepperoni slices
- Ground black pepper
- Prepare dough by combining warm water, heated to 115°F, with yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve and allow to proof.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add flour and salt. With mixer running on low, slowly add yeast mixture. Increase speed, adding olive oil, if needed or desired. Mix until a ball forms, pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer to a greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise in a warm location until doubled, roughly 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon and sausage. Chop bacon and ham. Crumble sausage.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Shape dough to desired size. Spoon pizza sauce over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella. Add meat toppings. Finally sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella and ground black pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until desired crispness is reached. Serve warm.
Baked by Rachel original