Double Chocolate Muffins
Easy and moist double chocolate muffins. A must make breakfast treat for all chocolate fans!
Random Friday thoughts and things…
I just found out that old episodes of Bill Nye, the Science Guy are on Netflix. Yay! If your kids (or you) love learning about science in fun ways, I’d recommend checking it out. And of course then there are the Steve Spangler YouTube videos. That guy is amazing. I can’t get enough of his fun experiments. And now he even has a kids science kit you can subscribe to. Very tempting.
A moment hits every Summer when I decide I’m done blow drying my hair in the morning. Pull it back and twist it into a messy knot. Simple and easy, but it can get boring. I decided to try the whole beachy hair this year and picked up a fun smelling bottle yesterday. I know I can make it myself at home, but there’s something special about a really good smelling store bought version of just about anything. Right? So we’ll see how this goes… I’ll report back if the brand I bought is horrible or awesome or somewhere in between.
Garden update: everything (okay almost everything) is looking amazing! Granted, it’s just herbs and such but still… that’s big considering I’ve wanted to do a garden for-ever! The mint isn’t doing much so that one might be a dud. Everything else is growing like crazy though and I can’t wait to use it all!
I warned you I was on a sweets kick. Chocolate for breakfast? Don’t mind if I do.
Usually I lean more towards sweet and fruity muffins but I decided to change things up and make a super irresistible, moist and very chocolate-y muffin for a fun change of pace.
These are a huge winner and an absolute must make for all chocolate fans. Enjoy these moist double chocolate muffins for breakfast, brunch or snack… or dessert!
Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1/4 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 3/4 C chocolate chips, plus additional for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 greaseproof liners.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in one egg at a time, along with vanilla, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Scrape bowl as needed. Sift cocoa powder directly over bowl, mixing well until fully incorporated. Alternate additions of flour and sour cream until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, divide batter between prepare muffin liners. If desired, gently press additional chocolate chips into the top of batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes or until easy to handle. Store in an airtight container for up to several days.