Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies
Light and fluffy eggnog snickerdoodle cookies with a sweet sugar and spice coating. A fun holiday cookie recipe the entire family will love!
Super late to the game here but we finally started watching The Walking Dead. At least we won’t get bored anytime soon! Eight seasons to catch up on should keep us occupied for a while. Honestly, I could’ve easily stopped watching part way through the first episode but I’m glad I stuck it out to the end. It left me wanting more. Here’s to hoping the rest is just as interesting… and I’m assuming it will be since it’s been so popular! Have you watched it?
I’ve been super bad about reading this fall. I need to work on a list for this coming winter. Some books to get lost in on long snowy days. I already have Without Merit at the top of my list… which I’m still shocked that I haven’t read it yet, especially since it came out a few months ago. Normally I’d devour her books the second they’re out. Seriously so good. If you haven’t read anything by Colleen Hoover, you should definitely start with It Ends With Us or Slammed. Two totally different books but both equally amazing in their own ways.
‘Tis the season for eggnog!!
Eggnog is kind of like beer and coffee…
Fun to drink and even more fun to cook and bake with! It adds incredible flavor and moisture to your regular baked goods.
Everyone loves snickerdoodle cookies. They’re a classic and a must make every Christmas season. Instead of the standard variety this year, I changed up my favorite recipe to include eggnog! Full of flavor and still ridiculously hard to resist!
Soft and fluffy eggnog snickerdoodle cookies with a sweet sugar and spice coating! An absolute must make for your holiday cookie platters!
Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 C all purpose flour
- 1/4 C eggnog
- 1/3 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy. Mix in egg, followed by vanilla. Scrape bowl as needed. Mix in salt, spices, baking powder and cream of tartar. Add one cup of flour at a time, increasing speed after each addition. Lastly, slowly add in eggnog, mixing until just combined and no streaks remain. Chill dough for 1-2 hours or until dough is firm but manageable.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop slightly heaping balls of dough. Shape into smooth 1-inch balls. Roll each dough ball into sugar mixture. Space 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Items used in this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.