Mini Toasted S’more Cheesecakes
Two bite deluxe s’more camp fire treats. Chocolate cheesecake with a graham cracker crust, topped off with homemade marshmallow frosting. For the finishing touch, a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs or a light toasting.
I have incredible news… it’s finally warmed up again! I mean… the sun was out, the birds were chirping, we even played outside over the weekend! It was fantastic. Of course, we’re still experiencing thunderstorms every night, which is making any swim time difficult as it only cools off the water overnight. We really need a good heat wave so we can enjoy swimming again… even if just in the kiddie pool, but I have my hopes set for the big pool sooner than later.
I swear if I lived near the ocean I’d have been in already. The water may be cold up here but there’s just something different about the ocean than a pool. Don’t get me wrong though, warm water is always better. Oh, and by near I don’t mean the same state kind of near because we already have that… I mean like ocean front property – okay a girl can dream. I should start playing the lottery to make that dream come true. Someone has to win, so why not me? ;)
Clearly I’m not over the whole s’mores thing just yet. I actually made these a few weeks ago, but I was on a serious kick then. One after another and no this isn’t the last s’more treat I have for you. I just can’t help it. I mean chocolate plus marshmallow plus the ever important graham. It’s just plain delicious. And this version won’t disappoint one bit. Creamy chocolate cheesecake on top of a graham cracker crust, topped off with homemade marshmallow frosting. Ahhhhmazing. Oh wait… even better, these babies are finished off with your choice of graham cracker crumbs or a quick toasting from a handy dandy kitchen torch. Which btw if you don’t have one, you need because they’re SO much fun.
If you don’t have a mini cheesecake pan, you still have time to order one through Amazon Prime for the coming weekend – or one day shipping if you’re even more impatient… or let’s just call it too eager to wait. ;)
Yep… you need these delicious s’more cheesecakes in your life! That’s a fact.
Mini Toasted S'more Cheesecakes
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs, roughly 6 full sheets
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a mini cheesecake pan.
- Crush or blend graham crackers into fine crumbs. Blend with sugar and melted butter. Use a small cookie scoop to divide mixture evenly among prepared pan. Press down to create a firm and even crust. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in cocoa powder and salt. Add vanilla and egg, mixing until just combined. Do not over mix. Using a medium cookie scoop, divide filling mixture evenly among cheesecake pan cavities. Fill roughly 3/4 full or 1 1/4 medium scoops. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely in pan prior to chilling.
- When cheesecakes are chilled completely, remove cheesecakes from the pan carefully, removing the bottom disc. Begin preparing frosting. Add egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar to a metal stand mixer bowl over simmering water. Whisk for several minutes or until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm. Move metal bowl to mixer, beat on low increasing to high until mixture is stiff and glossy, roughly 5 minutes. Add vanilla, mixing in well. Transfer to a piping bag with desired tip, pipe onto chilled cheesecakes.
- Optional finishes: sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs or use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallow frosting.
- Store leftover cheesecakes in the refrigerator.
Items used in this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.