Pumpkin Latte Ice Cream
Creamy homemade spiced pumpkin latte ice cream. Your favorite fall drink made into a fun frozen dessert!
We held off on watching Stranger Things for so long! We finally caved a few weeks ago, not even realizing that season two would be out so soon after finishing. What a nice surprise! I hate waiting seemingly forever for a new season to be available on Netflix. It’s especially worse there because you can binge watch an entire series in a few days if you’re really determined or super into the show. So… Stranger Things… If you love sci-fi/spooky/drama type shows, this is an absolute must watch. It hooked us from the first episode. Seriously so good! We’re just at hooked to season two. Promise… no spoilers! But be sure to add it to your must watch list!
It’s hard to believe November is just days away! I’m already working on trying to get Christmas lists finalized and out of the way. I love getting shopping done early so there’s no stress later in the season. Plus, I really hate fighting holiday crowds in stores and eventually items can be hard to find online. I DO hold off until at least after Thanksgiving for Christmas decorating though! That’s an entirely different topic for another day. Tell me though, when do you start your holiday shopping? Are you a mostly online shopper or do you love in store shopping this time of year?
I’ve been eagerly waiting to share this recipe with you. It’s ridiculously good!
This creamy homemade spiced pumpkin latte ice cream is a mashup of your favorite seasonal drink and a fun frozen treat. So creamy, packed full of fall flavor and just simply delicious!
Don’t let the cooler temps stop you from making this. Ice cream is absolutely a year round treat and this is a must make! It would be an excellent addition to your holiday dessert plans or for any day of the week!
Add this creamy pumpkin latte ice cream to your fall plans!
Pumpkin Latte Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 1/4 C coffee syrup
- 3/4 C light brown sugar
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large egg yolks
- In a large bowl, with a mesh strainer set on top, add 1 cup heavy cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream, whole milk, coffee syrup, sugar, pumpkin and spices. Stir well to combine and dissolve sugar. Heat until mixture begins to steam.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks. While continuously whisking, drizzle 1 cup steaming liquid into yolks. Transfer mixture to saucepan. Whisk to combine. Continue cooking over medium heat until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. In batches, pour through mesh strainer into reserved heavy cream. Use a spatula to press mixture through mesh strainer.
- Stir to combine. Cool over an ice bath to room temperature. Cover and chill in refirgerator for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Churn ice cream according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer churned ice cream to a freezer safe container. Freeze until solid.
Items used in this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.