Fresh strawberry margaritas made with homemade strawberry simple syrup! A perfect drink for Cinco de Mayo celebrations, or any night!
I took the first step in having a small garden by picking up seeds yesterday. Starting small with just a few herbs and such. Maybe I’ll expand from there. And for now, I plan on it being a simple container garden on the deck. I figure it’s safer that way… far away from the deer and larger animals. And, close enough that I can deter squirrels away, along with easily trimming for a meal etc.
Seeds were the easy part though. As was the desire to even do this. But now I need to get bins. I keep going back and forth between a small planter within a larger (like this) or multiple small ones or just a long one, so it’s out of the way. Ahhh decisions. I’ll have to see what the stores have and prices.
Do you have a container garden? Any tips or tricks to offer?
We’re less than two weeks from Cinco de Mayo now. It’s hard to believe it’s already that time, but it’s a good time, because that means margaritas. Of course, it doesn’t have to be Cinco de Mayo to enjoy a good homemade margarita. It is Friday after all. That’s excuse enough, right?
Easy and simple strawberry margaritas made with homemade strawberry simple syrup. A fridge staple for margarita lovers.
Simple ingredients come together in no time to create a delicious fruity margarita, perfect for any night or a special celebration! Be sure to add this fun drink to your plans!
- 1 1/2 oz triple sec
- 2 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz lime juice, or roughly 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
- 2 - 2 1/2 oz strawberry simple syrup
- strawberries and limes for garnish
- salt or sugar for glass, optional
- Carefully dip rim of glasses into lime juice, followed by salt and/or sugar mixture. Fill with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add triple sec, tequila, lime juice and strawberry simple syrup. Shake well. Strain into prepared glass and garnish with strawberries and/or limes.