Chocolate S’more Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
Moist chocolate cupcakes with a graham cracker crust and homemade marshmallow frosting. A fun s’more cupcake for Summer!
I think I jinxed our New England Summer. Last week I talked about how amazing the Summer has been. But then it rained and is raining again and again today. What gives?!
In other news… Scandal!! Did you know there are less than 60 days to go until season 4 starts?! Eek! See for yourself…Kristen sent me this awesome Scandal countdown. So if you’re obsessed, like me, and itching for it to start up again, you can watch the clock tick away!
Also, I finally started reading Allegiant. I’m honestly not a fan of the way this one is written, but I’m still enjoying the characters so we’ll see where it goes. No spoilers please! What books are you loving this Summer? I’m always looking for great new suggestions so please leave them below!
You know what stinks about working ahead on recipes? Writing about them weeks later. Of course it’s just as bad for you, but you’re seeing them for the first time. I’m reliving it and wishing I had one of these cupcakes in my hand to enjoy again – right now! Which means they have to happen again asap!
I made these chocolate s’more cupcakes a few weeks ago, before I even made the cinnamon graham s’more cupcakes. Two totally different s’more cupcakes and both totally irresistible! You can’t choose between them because they’re both just so good. You definitely need them both in your life. Seriously.
Moist chocolate cupcakes on top of a graham cracker crust and finished off with homemade marshmallow frosting.
Yield: 8 cupcakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes, plus
Chocolate S'more Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
Moist chocolate cupcakes with a graham cracker crust and homemade marshmallow frosting. A fun s'more cupcake for Summer!
- 1C graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4C unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4C cocoa powder
- 3/4C all purpose flour
- 1/4C coffee
- 1/4C sour cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2C granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with 8 liners.
- In a food processor, grind graham crackers until only fine crumbs remain. Add sugar and melted butter until fully combined. Divide mixture between prepared cupcake liners, adding one small cookie scoop to each. Press down to create an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, sift together dry cupcake ingredients.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape bowl as needed. Mix in dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. Add sour cream and cooled coffee, mixing until no streaks remain and all ingredients are fully incorporated. Using a large cookie scoop, add one scoop to each prepared liner. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cupcakes are set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with simmering water, whisk together egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until sugar is dissolved and egg whites are warm to the touch. Remove from heat. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat egg white mixture until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla in last 30 seconds.
- Transfer marshmallow frosting to a large piping bag, fit with desired piping tip. Frost cooled cupcakes.
- Use a kitchen torch to lightly char the frosting or sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
Baked by Rachel original
More s’more treats to try:
This post contains affiliate links.