Cinnamon Graham S’more Cupcakes
A small batch recipe for cinnamon graham s’more cupcakes with marshmallow filling and chocolate buttercream frosting.
My s’more definition: 1. A classic Summer treat. 2. A dessert consisting of some combination of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers. 3. Something that needs to happen at least once a Summer, but preferably much more and definitely with a stick and over a hot fire, while bundled up and fire flies flying around.
If you don’t have a fire, this is a perfectly acceptable alternative.
We’ve been talking about a fire pit for a while. Always dreaming about having one, but wanting the perfect spot. A final location, not something to be moved around. I’m sure we’ll eventually get there, but until then, I’m totally content with s’mores from the kitchen. Shockingly enough, I hadn’t had a single s’more anything this Summer until I made these cupcakes. And now I’m on a s’more kick, so… get ready!
These cupcakes were something I dreamed up and couldn’t have been happier with the results.
Moist cinnamon and graham cracker cupcakes… yes, graham cracker crumbs IN the cupcake! A gooey homemade marshmallow filling, topped off with a creamy chocolate buttercream frosting. You need these in your life.
It’s indoor s’more perfection and something that you absolutely HAVE to make this Summer, or anytime the s’more mood strikes!
Yield: 6 cupcakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cinnamon Graham S'more Cupcakes
A small batch recipe for cinnamon graham s'more cupcakes with marshmallow filling and chocolate buttercream frosting.
- 1/4C unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4C all purpose flour
- 1/4C graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/4C granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2C powdered sugar
- 1/4C cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with 6 liners.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter with sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla, scraping bowl as needed. Add remaining dry cupcake ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated. Finally, slowly add in milk, mixing just until no streaks remain and batter is smooth. Using a large cookie scoop, add one scoop to each liner. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together egg white, sugar and cream of tartar, until sugar dissolves. Continue whisking over simmering water until egg white mixture is warm to the touch. Remove from heat. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat until still peaks form. Add in vanilla in last 30 seconds.
- Transfer marshmallow to a piping bag with round piping tip or a large plastic bag with the corner cut off. Hollow out the centers of each cupcake, using a sharp knife. Be careful not to cut all the way to the bottom. Fill cupcakes with marshmallow.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream 4 Tbsp of butter. Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa powder, mix together with butter. Mix in vanilla and enough milk to desired piping or spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes immediately.
Baked by Rachel original
This post contains affiliate links.